Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Today!

I am living today one second at time.................it's a ride that I am enjoying.
...........I made a vow to allow Holy Spirit to guide my steps an leave yesterday there.... Let's just say I passed leaving  Yesterday where she lay, with some of the colors flying (cheeze) !....and  some moments of the day were extremely successful  while "following" Holy Spirit &  others were DI-F-FI-CU-LT!!! I'm living in the moment though and I'm excited to testify that I am "winning" in the following department RIGHT NOW!.

Now back to our scheduled blog!!!!!


We are embarking on a "Rock Exploration", Learning about different types of rocks, and creative ways to orchestrate them into our daily curriculum. We (I) made a KWL chart and my three oldest kiddos discussed what they already know about them. I Incorporated an engaging teaching style and allowed them to lead the way (most of ...ok ok ok ,SOME of it I'm getting there! :) ) in order to hold the interest of 5 different aged children (2 moths- 10 years of age), about igneous type rocks and investigating to see if they were either intrusive (developed beneath Earth's surface) or extrusive(developed on Earth's surface) We made up a rock game in which we used a die, marbles/ ballies (broken ones, we save parts of old hair accessories and find a later use for them), and we made mazes with the rocks with a few bridges, and serious obstacles, piling different grades of rocks  on top of their opposites.You would lose a turn if you knocked any down, or touched them as you navigated your marble/ballie between the "rock" course. We roll the die to see how may times we got to move or blow (since the ballies were so  light and would get stuck under the little rock bridges, our fingers wouldn't fit)....Now this was happening on our do-everything- dinning room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment